The focus to show the cruelty of Halal slaughtering practices by tackling the Australian live meat export industry. While there is plenty of room for improvement (it's about where Australia was 50 years ago) many of the Australian's interviewed came across as caring for their animals and it's their livelihood.
I'm a meat eater and I've seen many animals slaughtered. However, being confronted by the facts of the industry always makes me question my resolve.
For me there are some parallels with the "humane" death penalty by lethal injection. I don't believe in the death penalty. It's cruel and unusual punishment. The only humane way is to not do it.
The Australian Government has now banned live exports to Indonesia. This will drive the cruelty underground and not resolve this issue.
The Australian Government has now banned live exports to Indonesia. This will drive the cruelty underground and not resolve this issue.