04 January 2019

Fake: Vintage Original Fender Stratocaster Strat Tele Telecaster F Tuners 1970's

I purchased a set of  "Vintage Original Fender Stratocaster Strat Tele Telecaster F Tuners 1970's" from eBay. Initially, I was happy with the purchase providing the following feedback "Great price, super fast delivery. Happy customer." However, when I went to install them I noted they are "Made In Germany". The German reunification was effective 3 October 1990. In other words, the tuners that I purchased as "Vintage Original Fender Stratocaster Strat Tele Telecaster F Tuners 1970's" Can't possibly be vintage 1970s tuners.

I have tried to negotiate a return for refund of the tuner with the seller but he claims: 
New message from: fender_factors (3,055Red Star)

Steve,

"If you look closely you will see Made in W. Germany"
"Proof they are original."
"They are stamped Made W. Germany just as described in the listing. Reissue tuners don’t have these markings."
"I don’t need hi res photos, I know what it says.  It says Made W Germany."
"The tuners as exactly as described. 1977 tuners, stamped as they should be with ‘Made W Germany’ I have told the buyer this several times. I have sold these items many times with no issue. Unfortunately this buyer will not accept my response. Return denied. Thanks"

Note the seller has changed his story in correspondence from "They are stamped Made W. Germany just as described in the listing" to "Made W Germany". I expect a refund

I have had to wait until 3/1/19 for eBay to step in and resolve.

The following are photos of the tuners.