12 July 2009

Moose's top hits

I just read the JJJ's "Hotest 100 Of All Time".

Smells Like Teen Spirit is predictably #1. I guess SLTS will become a movie anthem for early '90s depression the way that any Vietnam War movie must feature All Along The Watchtower.

I like the list but hotest list of all time? Only a few songs from the '60s. I don't think so!

My favorite list of, in no order:
  • All Along The Watchtower, Voodoo Chile, Machine Gun Jimi Hendrix
  • Rain, Beatles
  • Like A Rolling Stone, Bob Dylan
  • Child Of The Moon, Rolling Stones
  • Crossroads, Sitting On Top Of The World, Cream
  • Night Swimming, REM
  • On A Plain, Nirvana
  • I Guess I Wasn't Made For These Times, Beach Boys
  • Tangerine, Led Zeppelin
  • Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd
  • Bloody Well Right, Supertramp
  • L. A. Woman, Doors
  • Walk On, U2
  • Downtown Train, Grapefruit Moon Tom Waits
  • Where Is My Mind? Pixies
  • 1979, Smashing Pumpkins
  • Killing In The Name, Rage Against The Machine
  • Almost With You, Church
  • Berlin, Lou Reed
  • Under Pressure, Queen
  • Late For The Sky, Jackson Browne
  • Ring Of Fire, Eric Burdon
  • Cut Here, Cure
  • It's Never To Late, Steppenwolf
  • Whole Lotta Rosie, AC/DC