05 September 2005

I woudn't be Friday without an argument

EARTHQUAKES IN LOS ANGELES
Well there are earthquakes in LA all the time as you can see here

However, which earthquake hit LA knocking over freeways. Here is a list of significant LA earthquakes. I guess the Northridge one is the one Grant remembers.

Of course we remember the larger impacts from the Loma_Prieta_Earthquake which impacted the San Francisco bay area in in 1989, the same year of the Newcastle earthquake.

McBRIDE, WILLIAM 1927-


Born in Sydney, William Griffith McBride became a gynaecologist and medical scientist who linked the drug thalidomide to deformed births. He was 1962 Australian of the Year and won international recognition. Allegations of scientific fraud relating to another anti-nausea drug, Debendox, led to his being struck off, although charges of misconduct in his obstetrics practice were dismissed and he has been readmitted. He said: "I've had some wonderful times and some awful times. Sometimes I've had to feel my pulse to see if I was alive."

No comments: